Automation is basically the delegation of human control function to technical equipment. It is the use of control systems such as computers, PLCs, Microcontrollers to control machinery and processes to reduce the need for human sensory and mental requirements as well.
Industrial Automation i.e. to “Automate Industry” is the basic need of almost every type of manufacturing and production unit today. Food/ Beverage, Metal, Mining, Power, Textile, Petrochemical, Machine Manufacturing, Automobile etc are the few examples where we see the automation today.
The Main Objective of this Workshop is to make the aspiring engineers acquainted with the conceptual as well as practical knowledge of the Industrial Automation, Embedded System & Latest Technologies being used to achieve Automation.
Session I: Presentation on Recent Trends in Industrial Automation & PLC-SCADA
- Introduction To Automation
- Why We Need Automation
- Where Automation?
- Evolution In Industrial Automation (A Brief History)
- Different Type Of Industrial Control Mechanisms
- Introduction To PLCs
- PLC v/s Microcontrollers
- Area Of Applications
- DATA Flow During Automation
- Motor Drives Introduction & Their Need
- Sensors Introduction & Their Need
- HMI Introduction & Its Need
- SCADA Introduction& Its Need
Session II- Detail study of PLC
Session III- PLC Programming, I/Os Basics, Burning & Interfacing Concepts
- Allen Bradley & Rockwell Automation’s Details
- Brief Description To Input/ Output Pins Of Micrologix-1000
- Ladder Diagram Basics
- Introduction To RSLogix
- Downloading A Ladder Program In PLC Using RSLinx.
- How To Take Input From Panel
- How To Give Output To Panel
- Running First PLC Application
Session IV- Hands on Session